16 February 2011

PEANUT,MILK, EGG ALLERGY TREATMENT EXPLAINED

Our son Alexander is being treated for his peanut allergy as Dallas Allergy Immunology (DAI). The treatment is desensitization using oral immunotherapy. Click here to read "Peanut Allergic Teenager EATS a Peanut".
 Treatment is also offered for Milk, Egg and Wheat allergies. 
(UPDATE Feb 2012- Soy and Tree Nuts treatment now offered)

To learn more about treatment for these 4 food allergies read the following excerpt printed in green is from the DAI website

DallasAllergyImmunology is pleased to announce a new oral immunotherapy program that provides a long-term solution for wheat, egg, peanut and milk allergic patients. At the end of this 5-6 month program patients with wheat, egg, peanut or milk allergy will be able to consume these foods with no allergic reactions. The program introduces minute doses of wheat, egg, peanut or milk in solution over a period of three to four months. The program then progresses to small doses of the whole food for an additional two to three months, resulting in tolerance to these foods allowing the children to consume wheat, eggs, peanuts and/or milk without any adverse reactions.
We have a number of children who have graduated from the program and are now eating eggs, and peanuts or drinking milk without reactions. This program is designed for a child of school age or older who will be old enough to understand the reasons for participating and be actively engaged in the process.

Click here for detailed information on the Dallas Allergy website.

I will regularly post on this blog -
1)  information on Alexander's progress as his continues his Peanut allergy treatment.  
2) research on food allergies
3) information on Egg, Milk and Wheat allergies and their treatment
4) relevant news
5) helpful links
6) food allergy news out of Europe and other countries 
7) whatever I can think of that may help or be relevant to the subjects mentioned above

Click here to go to our Homepage. Click the FOLLOW button at top of the right section of the blog to keep up with all the news. 
You can follow us on TWITTER http://twitter.com/PeanutBlog

I pray this information is encouraging and helpful to you- Julie Brice Beiersdorf


2 comments:

Karen said...

It's great to heat success stories, I write a blog in Australia as my son and I have severe Nut allergies so I am excited when I read success stories like this. Unfortunately in Australia this is not being used yet, it is still in the testing phase, but hopefully will be available in 3 years or so. www.nutallergymum.com

Anonymous said...

I am John Smith. My son, 7 years old, was suffering from chronic allergy since many years. I consulted many doctors but in vain. Recently, one of my friend gave me a reference of this society specially dedicated to the patients suffering from asthma and allergy, Columbus Asthma Society. I consulted their main doctor Dr. Summit Shah and now my son is recovering rapidly owing to their allergy shots. I would strongly recommend you guys to check Columbus Asthma Society and get the best treatment for all asthma related problems.

Reference: ColumbusAsthma.com